Disability Services within the Division of Student Affairs provides resources for students with permanent disabilities. Disability Service’s vision is to create an accessible community where people are assessed on their ability, not their disability. Disability Services strives to provide individuals with the tools by which they can accomplish their educational and career goals. The number one priority is providing equal access to students with disabilities.
Disability Services collaborates with administrators, faculty and staff to ensure that reasonable and appropriate accommodations for students with disabilities are provided. Disability Services offers the appropriate auxiliary aids and services to assist otherwise qualified persons in achieving access to its programs, services and facilities.
Motto: Building a Culture of Care Through:
- Access: Providing opportunities to obtain information and utilize resources
- Integrity: Promoting an equitable learning environments
- Inclusion: Creating purposeful and engaged cultural experiences
- Disability Services will influence students’ development of self-determination to achieve academic and personal goals.
- Disability Services will provide students with services and ancillary supports that are user-friendly and beneficial.
- Disability Services is a resource to the Georgia State community.