Welcome Message from the Director
The Margaret A. Staton Office of Disability Services welcomes you to Georgia State University. Disability Services offers a variety of resources to students, faculty and staff to support the education and career goals of students with disabilities. Disability Services promotes an inclusive Panther experience by encouraging students with disabilities to use the multitude of academic, career and social opportunities to learn, live, work and play on campus. Some of the helpful information available on this website includes:
- The process for students to request reasonable accommodations
- Procedures to implement testing, note taking, sign language interpreting, reasonable exceptions to the attendance policy and other approved accommodations
- Upcoming events and opportunities
- Academic and career resources for students with disabilities
- Resources for faculty and staff to create an inclusive and welcoming environment
Disability Services hopes that this website is useful, because the staff at Disability Services care about students’ Georgia State experience. Students who would like to speak directly to Disability Services should contact the office.
Michell Temple, C.R.C., L.P.C., N.C.C.
Director of Disability Services