Accommodations for Students:
- Guidelines for ADHD/ADD Form
A checklist for the physician or psychologist which may be helpful in assuring that all criteria have been met and documented.
- ADD/ADHD Verification Form
In order for a student to be considered eligible to receive academic accommodations, the document must show functional liabilities that impact the individual in the academic setting.
- Documentation Guidelines for Asperger’s and Autistic Disorders
Learn about pervasive developmental disorder characterized by qualitative impairment in social interactions and the presence of repetitive and stereotyped behaviors, interest, and activities.
- Guidelines for Brain Injuries Form
Learn about the terminology, characteristics, accommodations, and strategies for brain injuries.
- Guidelines for Health Impairments Form
Find out what the documentation for health impairments must include.
- Guidelines for Learning Disability Form
Learn about the Board of Regents criteria for students learning disabilities.
- Guidelines for Psychological Disabilities Form
Find out what comprehensive documentation should be included with psychological disabilities.
Accommodations for Employees:
- Accommodation Policy and Procedure
Steps that employees must follow in order to obtain ADA accommodations.
- Employee Voluntary Disclosure of Disability
Form that employees must complete disclosing their disability to the University.
- Employee Accommodation Request Form
If you would like to voluntarily disclose that you have a disability, please complete this form and return it to human resources.
- Employee ADA Medical Certification
ADA medical certification form that must be completed by the employees physician.
- Essential Functions Analysis for Supervisors
Essential functions analysis that must be completed by department head/supervisor outlining the essential job duties of the employee.
- University Disability Appeals and Complaints and Grievances Policy
Student and Employee appeals process for denial of ADA accommodations and disability complaints.