How to Register
Follow the steps below to register for accommodations with Disability Services:
- Self-identify with Disability Services.
- Complete the Request for Accommodations Form along with Housing Accommodation Request Form (if applicable).
- When requesting current documentation from a physician, submit the documents outlined in the respective Documentation Guidelines for a particular disability or health condition.
- Submit the completed Request for Accommodations Form packet along with documentation of the disability to Disability Services.
- Allow 15 business days from the date forms are submitted for Disability Services to review all information.
- Respond in a timely manner to Disability Services’ follow-up about the request for accommodations. The follow-up could include a request for additional information or scheduling an appointment to discuss accommodations.
Regents Center for Learning Disorders
Students who are unsure as to whether or not they have a learning disability can seek assistance from Georgia State University’s Regents Center for Learning Disorders (RCLD). Follow these steps to be tested:
- Students who decide to be tested somewhere other than RCLD should review the Criteria for Outside Evaluations.
- Students who decide to be tested at RCLD should come to Disability Services and pick up an RCLD packet. The packet is not available online.
- Complete the RCLD packet in its entirety. The packet includes the instructions for completing the RCLD packet.
- Return the completed RCLD packet along with a check for $250 made payable to Georgia State University as a deposit to Disability Services.
Once the completed packet has been returned, Disability Services will submit it to the Regents Center for Learning Disorders. A representative from the Regents Center will review the packet and contact the student to schedule an appointment. The Regents Center for Learning Disorders on the Atlanta campus of Georgia State University is located in Urban Life, Room 1053. Their phone number is 404-413-6245.