Disability Service’s vision is to create an accessible community where people are assessed on their ability, not their disability. Disability Services also strives to provide equal access to students with disabilities and provide individuals with the tools by which they can accomplish their educational and career goals.
Disability Services collaborates with administrators, faculty and staff to ensure reasonable and appropriate accommodations for students with disabilities are provided. Disability Services offers the appropriate auxiliary aids and services to assist otherwise qualified persons in achieving access to its programs, services and facilities.
Building a Culture of Care Through:
- Access: providing opportunities to obtain information and utilize resources.
- Integrity: promoting equitable learning environments.
- Inclusion: creating purposeful and engaged cultural experiences.
- Disability Services will influence students’ development of self-determination to achieve academic and personal goals.
- Disability Services will provide students with services and ancillary supports that are user-friendly and beneficial.
- Disability Services will be a resource to the Georgia State community.